Updates in NAViGaTOR 3.0
- The current version, NAViGaTOR 3, increases modularity, improves scaleability, extends input/output options, brings new network views and analysis algorithms.
- Equinox is integrated in NAViGaTOR 3.0 to provide modularization of the application and allows the application be dynamically upgraded/expanded.
- The integration of Sparksee as graph database back-end improves scaleability and the support of edge directionality, object types.
- Integration of novel network analysis algorithms, such as, flow analysis, clique search, time dependent networks and others.
- Automated querying of protein protein interaction databases such as IID and annotation databases like UniProt and GO.
- Additional network visualization features such as hive plot or the edge matrix including attribute bar charts.
- You must have downloaded Java Runtime Environment (JRE) to your computer in order to run the program
Minimum system requirements:
- Java Runtime Environment 8 or higher (9 is not recommended at this time)
- 2 MB RAM
- x86 or x86-64 processor (x86-64-only for Mac OS)
- GPU that supports OpenGL 2.1 or higher.
- 150 MB free hard drive space
The CPU and RAM utilization is very much dependent on the size of networks, as well as analysis and visualization options use.
Notes for Windows OS users:
- In order for the application to start and run properly, your machine must have the required Visual C++ 2012 runtime libraries.
- They can be do here: https://www.microsoft.com/en- us/download/details.aspx?id= 30679
- In case of issues with file permissions, install the application in your home folder (rather than under C:Program Files), or run it as an administrator
Download and Installation Instructions
NAViGaTOR 3.0 is available for Windows and Linux. For each OS you have the option of choosing the installer specific to your hardware architecture.
If upgrading from a previous version of NAViGaTOR, we recommend you first uninstall the previous version. Documentation is not included, but can be downloaded separately from Documentation.
Terms of download and use:
All downloads and use of the code are subject to the GNU General Public License, see https://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-3.0.en.html for more details. Permission to use, copy, and modify this software and its documentation is hereby granted to all academic and not-for-profit institutions without fee, provided that name of organization and author appear in all copies of the software and related documentation. Under these conditions, the permission to modify and distribute or to make extended versions of the software is explicitly granted to non-profit organizations. This software and its documentation is provided “AS-IS” and without any warranty of any kind. In no event shall Krembil Research Institute or the authors be liable for any consequential damage of any kind, or any damages resulting from the use of this software. This software was written in Java and requires Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 8.0 (1.8.0) or later.